DOCTORS in China were left dumbfounded when they discovered a hole in a man's stomach wall after he ate a notoriously spicy bowl of soup.
The 26-year-old unnamed male had consumed a mala soup, meaning 'numbing hot', a traditional Chinese dish.
After choosing the spiciest version of the dish from the menu, the man soon experienced a piercing pain in his stomach.
The unlucky customer soon found himself vomiting blood before being rushed to a local hospital in Wuhan.
Despite having no medical history of ulcers or other gastrointestinal disorders, doctors concluded that the spicy soup had burned a hole through his stomach wall.
Spicy food shouldn’t be able to destroy so many stomachs just because it’s spicy. There’s obviously something special going into the soup at the restaurants in Wuhan.
According to Sankei Biz, many hot pot restaurants now use cheap synthetic seasonings and additives instead of Sichuan pepper and other traditional, more expensive ingredients.
If you’ve ever tried real mala hot pot, you’d probably agree that any chemical additive capable of creating the same mouth-numbing sensation as Sichuan pepper is the last thing anyone should put in their body.
related:Chinese restaurant offers Mouthwatering Hot-pot made with hand picked Chillies from Garbage bin