Home
7/28/2014 4:11:58 AM

Girl, 19 Dies from new Craze: inhaling DUST OFF household cleaner

 A 19-year old girl's family discovered her unconscious in her bedroom next to a pool of her own vomit.

Shayla Ream was rushed to a local Eugene, Oregon hospital on December 13 after she most-likely inhaled the household product called Dust-Off to get high. Doctors agree with the girl's family that the Dust-Off is the most probable cause of death.  

Despite her grandfather's efforts to give her CPR before the paramedics arrived, the girl was in critical condition and died in the hospital the next morning.

She is survived by her mother Tina Osborne, her stepfather Doug Osborne, her sister cassandra Ream, and her grandparents Margaret and Billy Ream  and Bonnie and Bob Osborne.

Her sister described how the compressed gas her sister inhaled killed her in only a few minutes.

'It coated her lungs as she huffed the inhalant called Dust-Off,' Cassandra said. 'When that happened it left no more oxygen to her brain, which shut off all of her organs. And it only happened in a matter of minutes.'

Unfortunately, inhalants like Dust-Off have become a popular drug of choice for teenagers because they are sold over the counter at most convenient stores.

The use of inhalants for recreational purposes is called huffing and is more prevalent among the youth than people may think.

shayla ream made mistakes   million teenagers each year deciding indust   cuts   oxygen brain   just trying once   fatal choice



Girl, 19 Dies from new Craze: inhaling DUST OFF household cleanerGirl, 19 Dies from new Craze: inhaling DUST OFF household cleaner

loading comments...